Sunday, April 19, 2009

I wanna live

in Nebraska. I hate this town. Nothing ever happens. Understand that it is partially my fault. There IS stuff to do, but somehow it pales after the first hundred times or so. The zoo is depressing because the enclosures are so tiny and the animals seem so miserable, the mall is, well, the mall, and the parks are only good on non windy, non 110+ degree days. Which happen so rarely I never manage to catch them. As for night life, there really aren't many places a couple of teetotalers can go to have adult interactions. It's all bars. Gah. I want to be in Beatrice. It's a tiny little hole in the wall town, but the people are awesome, the weather is lovely, and they actually have things to do that don't involve drinking. Plus, Lincoln and Omaha are fairly close and my grandparents are only a few hours away. At this point, we're just waiting for them to give us the word on the job and we'll be there before ya know it, but for now it's hard core waiting patterns and the end of school doldrums.

No comments: