Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grading on a curve

I kept my 4.0 this semester which shocked the heck out of me since two of the four classes I took were mistakes. Never take a computer course online. A) it's kind of redundant, and B) if you get stuck, you're kind of SOL because the only way to get any help is on the... computer. Yeah. So that's done with now, and I feel kind of guilty saying it, but I totally mopped the floor with MFL. She's been such a beyotch about the whole "my uterus is better than your uterus" thing, that being able to totally decimate her at school was a vicious little thrill. Not that I would ever admit it out loud, but when she told me her grades all I could think was "my brain is better than your brain, so THERE!"

Aside from that, I got my color swap package shipped out and it made it to Canada in record time. It was a huge sucess and I have the comfort of knowing that I have concluded my end of the swap sucessfully.

We're still waiting to hear about the job, and at this point, I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get all the roadblocks out of the way. First, we drove 700 miles to interview and test, only to be told that hubs liscence was suspended, so no interview for us. We get that straightened out (unpaid fines anyone?) and then they tell us that they can't find the aplication, so we resubmit a new one, then today, they call because they need a current number for one of hubs former supervisors. I call the company, since hubs is working til after they close, and they don't know where he is, so when he got home, he had to call some friends and track this guy down, only to find out that the former supervisor is back in prison. Yay him! So tomorrow, I will have to call them back and let them know that he is currently unavailable and refer them to payroll at the company for verification. It's starting to piss me off. If it weren't for the fact that we want out of here so badly, I'd say fuckit, but anything is better than here, even if it means jumping through a hoop or ten.

Plus, to top all that off, next month my baby turns three and I recently found out that my 9 year old niece has entered puberty. She is growing boobies. It freaks me out a little bit. All these kids around me are getting so big so fast, and I don't know that I'm ready for it. I guess I don't really have a choice, but still... it's all happening too fast.

No comments: