Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So very busy (happy)

School is back in session and I. Am. Loving. It. Finally a half way normal schedule for both of us. the Nerd is in preschool and daycare and seems to be settling in nicely. I'm somewhat unsure of the program. It's new this year and they don't seem to know what they are doing but hopefully it will improve over time.

My class load is heavy, Statistics, Lifespan and Development, Principals and Practicum of Education, Civil War and Reconstruction, World Civilization, and Intro to Cultural Anthropology. Throw in an additional 20 hours of outside Observations and you have one very sleep deprives stressed out overworked happy happy person. After just the first day of classes, I have nine chapter to read as well as statistics problems to answer, posts for my lifespan class and paperwork for my practicum to complete. It's exciting and terrifying all at once.

My knitting continues to grow. I cast on a wisp in some lovely yarn from Craftsmeow and it is coming along beautifully. I'm also gearing up for another intarsia block featuring Tonks from the Harry Potter Movies. I finished Harry before the move and then got caught up in other things. I'm thinking I'll be making more as I really enjoyed the challenge of manipulating all the different colors as well as watching the picture develop. It's also time to start thinking about giftmas knitting and making up a tentative list. I did hats last year, so this year I'm thinking slippers or mittens. Decisions decisions. I have also decided to take a whack at a Dr. Who scarf since the Nerd decided she wants to be the fourth Doctor for Halloween. ten feet of garter stitch. Sigh.

No comments: