Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cookie for your thoughts?

It's raining cookies at my house. My mom and I got together yesterday and continued a tradition that has been passed down from mother to daughter since my great great grandparents came over from Germany. Every year we make Springerlies or Sprunglies or however it's spelled. Basically it's just a licorice flavored cookie and all the flavoring comes from the anise seeds on the bottom. The only tricky part comes from having the patience t owait overnight to bake them. We used her Springerlie boards and oh, man I need to get myself some, especially considering that next year we'll be in Nebraska, and as such I won't be able to borrow hers. I am so excited that my hubs and the nerd both enjoy the cookies, especially considering that I never cared much for the licorice taste. So at least this way, the cookies will get eaten and the tradition will continue. I also baked sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies too, so needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), we'll have cookies til after Christmas easy. I'm off to finish baking them. Nothing much happening on the craft front, but I did manage to clean the nerd's room and the computer room, so I'm that much closer to a clean house.

No comments: