Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bad Blogger!

yes, I know, I have been a bit remiss on keeping up with my posts, but keep in mind, I did warn about that in the first post. This has been one of those dull patches. The only interesting thing that happened was that my husband is now planning to sell the house when we move rather than renting it out. Hallelujah! I really didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of being a landlord especially considering that we are moving to Nebraska, not just the other side of town. So things there are moving slowly but surely. Hopefully we can find a buyer sometime in the next few months and get the heck out of dodge. The nerd is doing well and finally says please and thank you in their proper context. I have come to realize that (as far as my style of child rearing goes) I expect much more from my child than others do. Maybe I'm surrounded by indifferent parents, but I don't think a child that has learned to express themselves verbally has any excuse for not being polite. The nerd is two and she understands please and thank you. MFL's youngest daughter still doesn't use please and thank you and she's five. Potty training is another part that irks me to no end. Why do so many parents wait to potty train until their child is almost in school? It just seems like it would lead to more problems to me, but hey, I'm no dr. Spock so what does it matter. Just my opinion. On a less judjmental note, I'm off to enjoy the last few days of my winter break before heading back to school for spring semester. Wish me luck, I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

No comments: